Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Exhausted? Me? NEVER!!!! ;)

Do you all ever feel like that is the front you all have to put up?

As a mom, who only really works part time out of the house, but full time between the design teams I am on and then the constant doing and redoing of my house (don't ask....but don't you ever just realize that as a woman....nothing seems organized enough?) During the summer, I am finding that I am staying up later because I am catching up with things IN the house once the sun goes down. LOL! Then half way in doing that...my son asks me to have a few Mortal Kombat matches with him on the 360. How can I say no? Would you?

Last night, err....This morning, I went to bed at 9:30am...my mind would JUST NOT SHUT OFF! I was going over bills, schedules, projects, menus, grocery lists.....etc. I literally tried everything I could.  I tried reading, writing, drawing, just lying there (which never works, because then my mind thinks..."well you can at least think.....your just laying there!"). I played some FreeCell and some Solitaire and still nothing. Finally, I think I just gave up....and that is when I slept.

At noon, Sasha (my daughter), comes in (Yes, we all sleep really late in this house except for my hubby during the summer.) and she just started talking and I hopped up and started my day.  I do try to get up really early at times and that NEVER works for me to sleep normal hours either. I have literally exhausted every option out there.

Now, I sit at my computer with my Lady Gaga going, my daughter performing, my son and hubs playing Gears of War....I actually feel very complete and not tired at all. :) Are we, as moms, just used to no rest at all, because that is how we are made? I can't even say it is the training we all go through when our kids are born that caused us to not sleep or go on very few hours of sleep. Garth (my hubs) helped tremendously with BOTH kids. Are we all a kind of MOMMY BOT? LOL!
I am really not sure about that, BUT I keep talking about it and tomorrow, which is pay day for us. I am gonna run out and get something like this:


And I am gonna try it! But until then....Once I put my energetic family to bed after a little entertainment from my daughter...I will try to sleep. :) Here is what I watch for entertainment (sorry it is sideways...I was doing it with my camera!) :


Have a good night! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment